Saturday, February 26, 2011

Need A Little Help From My Friends

Just like those of you who are out there looking for work, it is always nice to get a little help from your friends.It is called networking and each and every one of you who is looking for work should be using this very valuable tool in your job hunt.

You are one of many who are out there looking for work. Let your friends know, don't suffer in silence!  Let your friends, your church family, and any other acquaintances you might have know that you are looking. You might be surprised at the leads you generate. They may know someone or someone they know who knows someone who is looking for a person with your expertise!

If you keep interviewing with companies and don't get an offer, go ahead and contact that person who interviewed you. Tell them that you really appreciated interviewing with them and even though you were not hired, would they happen to know anyone else who might be looking for someone with your background. You might not have been a good match for their company, but you might be perfect for someone else that they happen to know who is hiring.

Now I am going to ask for some help from those of you who are following this blog or even if this is your first visit here. I want to know if the information I have been giving you has been beneficial to you?  Have I provided you with some good ideas of how to find work in some new areas that you have not considered before?  Have I been able to give you some encouragement?  Are there any areas of employment or helping you prepare resumes or for interviews that you would like me to cover? 

This blog is written to help you find employment, be it something temporary to hold you over and put food on the table and a roof over your head until you find that perfect job, or to encourage you to look at some new avenues for a career path. The best way for me to serve you is to have some feedback from you on how I am meeting those needs.

So come on, give me a shout and let me know your opinions. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment